1. Tea Ceremony - The bride and groom serve tea honor their elders from both sides of the family by serving them tea.
2. Wedding Banquet - A feast of symbolic foods that represent wishes for happiness, longevity and fertility in the new couple's marriage.
3. Choosing an Auspicious Wedding Date - A lucky day is chosen based on the bride and groom's birthday to give their new life together an auspicious start.
4. Family Gift Exchange - Symbolic gifts of food and wedding items are exchanged between the groom and bride's family that represent best wishes to the couple and connect the two families.
5. Dress Changes - It is customary for brides to give a bit of a fashion show by changing into multiple dresses and modeling them during the reception.